What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ace Train 26: Del Monte Hike

There is a third hike that is enjoyable when I get to Diridon Station early.  This hike involves going South from the light-rail station, and heading to the apartments where the old Del Monte Factory once stood.  I passed Black Cat Licorice.  The Los Gatos Creek Trail goes behind the apartments.


After crossing Auzerais, there is a section of exercise equipment so I gave the balancing beam a try.  I wanted to take some pictures of the creek, but realized it was inhabited and didn't want to take picture where someone stays.  I also a bike and other evidences of habitation.  I took a picture of a bridge.  Hurrying back I snapped a picture of the creek from an overpass, the train station from the San Carlos overpass, and a fire school.



This hike is a bit longer than the others--1.5 miles.  I had to bogey to make it back for my train.  I was also within two blocks of where former foster children live, and was tempted to stop by, but knew if I did I would miss the train.  I may try this hike getting of the light-rail at Race, and then having a shorter distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment