What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ace Train 24: Stroll up the Alameda

Sometimes I am able to catch the early light rail train to Diridon Station, and then I have a half hour before the train leaves.  I usually use this time for a walk, and one of my favorites in up The Alameda to Race.  Thee and back is about a mile and a quarter.  This hike is close to where I worked when I first started with Santa Clara County and Virginia Street Project.  Many of the businesses have changed, but a few are the same.  The big muffler man is still there, but the building where I use to work is gone.  There are four motels, The arena Motel was made just before my work moved.  I have a picture of the Flamingo Motel, as I had a client staying there.


There is an extension of the Santa Clara University Law School, Schurra's Chocolates is an old stand by, there are two clothing stores and a couple interior design stores.  Fontanetti's Batting cages are now on The Alameda.

The Alameda is also known as a gay area as manifested by the Billy de Frank Center which use to be located in the same building where I use to work, and is now on The Alameda.  I discovered there is a Gay Men's Bath House, and also a cannabis club call San Jose Patients Group.  


I often visit the used book store close to Race and the Alameda.  I look for old Mormon Books, but they don't seem to have many. 
  As I mentioned the old building where I worked is knocked down, and there is a sign of an upcoming Whole Foods there.  It was actually on Stockton, but we had a back entrance on The Alameda.
And finally, I go under to overpass of the Southern Pacific Railrod.  These are the tracks over which the Ace Train leaves the station.


Arena in the background


No comments:

Post a Comment