What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life in Manteca 23: Restaurant Reviews: *Subway, ***El Jardin, **Goddees again

This review is from last week.  Two of them I visited in San Jose, and the third was  pleasant surprise in Manteca. 

Subway was the biggest disappointment.  I tried their new pork sandwich, and it was mushy, which made the bread tear, and although the flavor was acceptable, the texture was not.  I was majorly disappointed.

Goddee's we have visited before, and took Charity as we were there following a training.  Sheri was in town visiting Karen (Wardle.)  I went by and visited as well, and now have a book about the history of South Jordan.  Any rate i had the meat loaf, and it wasn't what I was expecting, and wasn't very good.  Too many tomatoes and gravy thrown on top. 

The pleasant surprise was El Jardin, which is by the Walmart in Manteca.  We went there for anniversary dinner.  Their salsa was very hot for the chips, but Sheri says their fajitas were the best she has tasted.  I liked them as well.  The juice was especially good with the combination of meat, onion and pepper.  This restaurant would have gotten the 5 star treatment had the service been a bit better.  They brought our fajitas first, and we stared at them sizzling and cooling and waiting for the tortilla shells and other toppings.  Sheri says we waited ten minutes, an I guessed five.  At any rate it was a bit disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment