What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Ace Train #11: Construction Diridon and Santa Clara, Seasonal Contrast


For the entire time I have been taking the train, the San Jose and Santa Clara Stations have been under construction.  In fact the train does not stop at the Santa Clara Station as a result.  This past week, there were some new rails laid at the San Jose Station, which I think is pretty cool.  While waiting for the light rail, we saw them preparing the gravel bed.  And then I saw the tie (cement?) after they were laid.  When I went past today the rails were on the tracks. 
At the Santa Clara Station they are making a subway going under the rails to a platform in the middle of the rails.  They are also preparing to lay more track.


The other thing I have found interesting is the contrast of the seasons.  We are now in the driest time of year.  When I first started taking the train it was the greenest season. In fact there are several areas where the weeds burned earlier this year.

This past Friday I took the time to watch the wildlife as I road home.  It had been a long time since I had seen the deer, or the wild turkeys.  But I saw both Friday, so I know they are all right.  I also saw a larger deer just as we were headed into the Altamont Pass.  I also saw numerous Golden Eagles and hawks on a ledge going through the pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment