What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

ACE Train 10, anyone recognize this crop

Does anyone recognize this plant?  You can see it from the train.  The field is in Lathrop.  If you recognize this plant please comment because it has gotten my curiosity up.  I actually took it from the road, the road that goes behind Big League Dreams from Yosemite to Woodward.
The most impressive natural feature along the route of the train is the San Joaquin river.  It is hard to take a picture while the train is moving, but I was able to get this one.  I like to see the river in the morning, and then I like to sleep the rest of the way.  I usually am able to get to sleep someplace over the Altamont Pass.

1 comment:

  1. Billy the plant you are trying to figure out is an artichoke plant. Not sure why this farmer let them dry out this year.

    ReplyDelete