What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

At the Movies: ****^Harry Potter, **Judy Moody

I think everyone has seen Harry Potter.  Miranda and Natalia went at midnight opening night.  Sheri and family went the next day.  I refused to go to the first showings, waiting for the price to come down.  I finally went to see it in 3-D in Logan while we were there.  I had hoped to see another, but the projector was down, so I gave in and enjoyed the Harry Potter movie in 3D.   Sheri had already seen the movie, but said she preferred the extra dimension.

The story was intense, as it was suppose to be, and the battle was entertaining.  I have only a couple minor complaints.  I wish they could have focused more on the battle, and a little less on Harry.  Of course I guess the story was Harry.  My only other complaint, is the epilogue left me hollow somehow.  I think I would have liked to have seen more character like Melville and Luna.  Other than the three, the only character I recognized was Draco.  Harry Potter has been a joy for our family throughout.  I remember bringing home four or five copies at a time when a new book came out.  Nobody wanted to wait.  I also remember Thanksgiving weekends seeing the movie when it came out, one in San Diego with cousins.  It has been a fun ride.

Judy Moody and the not Bummer Summer was a disappointment to me.  I was hoping it would at least be as good as the "Wimpy Kid" movies.  But in this it let me down.  I think the bad driving of the aunt wasn't enough to carry the humor of the show.  Tony and i saw this at Marketplace Theater, and it was good to have only paid $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment