What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Notes on the Manteca Flood of 2017

Hoping the flood scare is over, we were out of town for the actual evacuation period.  However Manteca Bulletin provided coverage.  The evacuation area barely missed us as we were a couple blocks away from the evacuation area.  Upon returning home, I did not see any evidence of flood out of the ordinary.  Not even the overflow pond in the local park was very high.  However I understand Airport Road was closed.  I drove down this road before we traveled to get and idea.  the water was very high at the Dunham Ferry Bridge, and the rife range was flooded.  I understand it also flooded housing on the other side.  Also the school where there use to be a state park also flooded.  This is on our side of the river.
Of course the more serious flood was in San Jose, where the dam of the Anderson Reservoir broke, spilling water along Coyote Creek in San Jose.  I was at the Coyote Creek Bridge on Santa Clara Street and did not notice much.  I don't think the water got above the bridge, but did swell the area set aside for the river.  I am sure the homeless people along the river were the most effected.

No comments:

Post a Comment