What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Manteca Flooding

We were greeted with a voice mail from Veritas School talking about the possibility of flooding South of the 120.  The drainage in the park across from the school was very high.  I took some pictures, but it had already come down by then.

Driving over the San Joaquin River on the 5 has shown the river to be higher than I have ever seen it.  I went to the Dunham Ferry Bridge to check for the heigh of the river, and it was swollen.  there were engineers checking out the bridge.  The gun range was flooded.  When we moved in it was flooded.  That was six years ago.  The river hasn't been that high since.  Where San Joaquin City was was all flooded.  We have had a couple days without rain, but more rain is in the forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment