What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, February 6, 2017

Booklet Review: She Shall Bring Forth A Son

She Shall Bring Forth a Son by Susan Easton Back, illustrated by Liz Lemon Swindle, Deseret Book, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1999.
This is a discourse of the birth and life of the Savior through the eyes of his mother, Mary.  Her reaction to the Angel Gabriel, seeking out her cousin Elizabeth, reconciliation with Joseph.  Her thoughts on that night of birth, when shepherds came to see the new born child.  And then her thoughts at the temple, when Simeon and then Anna the elderly prophetess both beheld Jesus and announced him as the long awaited Messiah.  And then finally as the Wise Men came to visit; and the subsequent fleeing to Egypt to avoid the murderer Herod.  This is an important view of Christmas.  I love this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment