What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Movie Review: ****A Celebration of Family History

http://www.byutv.org/seethegood/post/A-Celebration-of-Family-History-premieres-on-BYUtv.aspx
I had a pleasant surprise to night when I switched from the political talk of the elections.  I think this program is very enjoyable.  It comes from BYUTV and is a meeting of the Genealogical Association.  It presents numerous stories with regards to family history.  The keynote speakers are Henry B. Eyring and David McCullough.   It also included several vignettes about different family history stories.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir was great as they usually are.  They present some of their greatest work.  They sing "Amazing Grace" with a bagpipe band.

David McCullough presents the idea, we are trying to discover who we are, why we are.  He suggests keeping a journal to help in this discovery.  He wrote a book about John and Abigail Adams, and indicates that a lot of their writings were them trying to discover for themselves what they thought about certain situations, or who they were inside. 

There is enough of the Civil War presented for a civil war buff, but also a story of the leper colonies which is very poignant.   The story of the writing of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" waspresented.

This is the first time I have given four star to any thing I have seen, but i think you will enjoy this presentation.  It can be accessed at the website above.

No comments:

Post a Comment