What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

My first introduction to Jane Austen was the 1995 BBC "Pride and Prejudice" with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I don't know why I like this story so much, but I do.  At least once a year, over a weekend, I go through the entire series.  We have it in VHS.

More recently, 2005, the Keira Knightly version came out.  I enjoy this one as well, but not as well as the longer version. 

I think I have all the Jane Austen movies (not each version, but at least each story.)  I have also read all the books now.  I like the way Jane Austen writes, and I enjoy her stories.  I am intrigued by her characters, and the changes they make in their lives.

All of Jane Austen's novels have received great acclaim. "Sense and Sensibility" "Emma" "Northanger Abby" "Mansfield Park" and "Persuasion."  I enjoy these works, but still "Pride and Prejudice" is my favorite.  I love the character of Miss Eliza Bennett, her whit, her strength, and her walking miles and miles to calm her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment