What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Saints Helping Hands

This last year, in May Caleb, Miranda and I went to Saints Helping Hands day.  We were in a upper part of Sanborn park and pulled a yellow weeds all day.  It was an invasive species.  It was really quite fun.  There were big weeds and their were small ones, and we pulled them up.  Sometimes we used a weed pulling tool which they provided.  We had piles of weeds all over the meadow.

California wide 70,000 people participated, and 500 from our stake.  They worked on beautifying and trails; and made a good impact.

Caleb with shovel

Caleb blue beanie


That's my backside and Caleb with the tool

Miranda on right
Pictures from Martin Jeffries

At stake conference they announced we will have another day in April.  It would be cool if we could top 100,000 statewide, and over 1000 in our stake.  To do that we need to get others involved with us, because providing service is something people from all faiths like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment