What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Movie Night: ****^The Amazing Spider Man

I have now seen this movie twice, 3-D and regular.  I can't say that 3-D added a lot, except at the end when he is flying around.  I say another review that said it was good; but not amazing.  I would say it was amazing, but not perfect.  There are plenty of special effects, there is a love story, which doesn't mimic the other Spider Man movies, there is a nerd who becomes Spider Man, there is a different villain.  Of of these make for a great movie.  Tony came out of the movie climbing the walls in the restroom.  Now that is great.

Peter likes Gwen, who is a fellow scientist at school.  She claims to top of her class.  Peter's father is a former scientist at OsCorp, but hid a secret formula and fled, but he and Peter's mother died in a plane crash.  Peter crashes into OsCorp, which leads to the famous biting.  Peter designs his own webslingers based on technology of OsCorp.

Peter goes to dinner with Gwen, whose father is a Captain on the police force.  The police do not appreciate Spider Man, and have been trying to arrest him.  However he does let Gwen know of his secret

Oh, in the mean time, Peter has inadvertantly given to Dr Conners, his father's ex partner, the formula his father hid.  Dr. Connors uses the formula, and turns himself into aer,  super lizard.  Peter/ Spider Man feels responsible and sets out to stop him.  He tries to warn the police, but they think he is crazy.

I liked the movie--except the crane scene.  I thought that was corny.

No comments:

Post a Comment