What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Famiily Vacation: Trip to Salt Lake Friday 7/6/12

Isabel, Maria Ines and I

With Tony and Alejandra, niece.  She was three when I was in Argentina

Jose, husband of Maria Ines, and Mia, granddaughter
Our Salt Lake trip included three high lights for us.  Miranda got to spend time with Carolyn Dye at Temple Square.  Sorry no pictures.  I spent time with friends from Argentina, and was astounded by the growth and felt the same old love.  We ate epanadas of ham and cheese, and Maria Ines gave me three alfajores, which I enjoyed over the next week--they were delicious.  Jose told stories of the old Pacheco Branch.  He and his family were baptized just as I was moving out.  Alejandra waited to be baptized, but now works for Beehive Clothing.  Mia wanted my alfajores, but I was stingy and didn't share.



Isaac's sword



Mary Ashton's beeds and Anne Sorenson's sock and shawl

beat topping tool
We visited the DUP Museum of Pioneer History in Salt Lake.  I now have my own pictures of family artifacts, as well as a few others. 




In between we went to Liberty Park for a picnic.  We ate leftovers from Thursday's picnic, sandwiches and drinks and chips and apples.  Tony checked out the playground.  They have a new water area.  We also visited the "Charly" ferries wheel. 

There was some business to attend to.  We went to distribution center and Seagull Books.  Miranda went to Deseret Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment