What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Life in Manteca 48: Exchange Student, Pioneer Day

Mario has been staying with us wince we came home from vacation.  This is a letter he wrote to us:

Dear Wardle family,
 
I’m happy to contact you to inform you that withI’ll be staying with you here in Manteca from the 8th on until I’m back in Spain. Let’s just look ahead to the time that awaits us! This will be a great experience for us all!
 
I’m both happy and nervous about setting off to the States; it’s my first time there, as well as my first contact with American families. That’s quite a lot to take! You know, I’m more of an outsider than an insider – my true passions are surfing, as well as DJing. I hope I can make up to your emotional expectations if I tell you all my friends think I’m a nice guy. What I do know there’s a lot I’m hoping to learn here, aside from the language, is all that I can do to fit in the American daylife as good as a true American!
 
We’ll meet soon, then. I’m really looking forward to it!
 
Yours faithfully,
Mario Màrquez

This weekend is a big to do at the stake center.

They are combining the activity with collecting items for the children's shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment