What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Secret Santa at Work

An email came by suggesting we do a Secret Santa.  As there are two meanings for this, pick a family and be their secret Santa, or do secret Santa gift exchange for each other, I made the suggestion we sponsor a family.  The response was to do secret Santa for a family, if we could come up with an appropriate family.  I suggested a family that is the birth family, and back together family, for children we had in foster care.  They had been living in less than optimum conditions, the room of a friend's house.

After an email from another exfoster parent of the kids, we decided the easiest thing would be a gift card from Target for the family.  Every one at work donated, and in the name of secret, I won't reveal the amount of the card, but it was way more than I had ever dreamed.  We delivered the card, along with gifts some had donated to the mother of the family a few days before Christmas.  At the same time we saw the kids.  The mother was extremely grateful and appreciative.

It felt good to do just a little bit more than usual for Christmas.

The family is moving to their own residence in January, so things are looking up for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment