What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ace Train 16: Agnews State Hospital




Between the Diridon Station and Great America Station is the property that use to be the Agnews State Hospital.  This was once a large State Hospital, which came into little use with changes in policy and efforts to keep persons with mental illness at home.  When I first moved to the California, it was mostly a residential facility for those with profound developmental delay and retardation.  Now most of the property has been privatized.  Much of it was turned into low-income housing.  Oracle has a large section of the property.  I once visited the property doing crisis work and visiting a family living in the low-income housing.

No comments:

Post a Comment