What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, October 21, 2011

To the Movies, ***^Abduction and **The Smurfs

Saw a couple movies at the theater last week.  Abduction at the AMC and The Smurfs at Marketplace $3 theater.  Went with Sheri and Mark and Dianna to the first and Tony to the second.  The story line of Abduction was actually intriguing.  It starred Lily Collins and Taylor Lautner with Sigourney Weaver in a supporting roll.  I am not sure why they called the movie abduction, as no one was abducted.  They were just trying to get away.  This movie had plenty of action.  It got very poor reviews from the critics.  I think this is because the relationship between the two young people was not as hot as it could have been.  Sometimes Taylor seemed stiff.  I am not sure if this was his character, who was suppose to be shy, or just some misses in the acting.  My only complaint about this movie was the giggling, talking laughing girls in the back who only came to see Taylor Lautner with his shirt off and had no interest in the story.  Finally someone asked them to shut up and they did.

The second movie is one that Tony had talked about wanting to see.  Gargamel's cat steal this show.  He/she is so funny pursuing the smurfs, and has such funny facial expression.  Gargamel is just totally evil.  I watched Tony, to see how the movie was doing.  He enjoyed most of the movie, but there was a period there, where the movie seemed to slow down and loss its energy.  He likes the slapstick scenes, Gargamel getting sucked through the funnel, getting foiled in the toy store, and things dropping on his head.  I liked the apple with thinks poking out of it getting him in the butt.  Now that is humor.  One part that started going somewhere and then didn't was Gargamel making an alliance with the Smurf's friend's boss.  It just didn't go anyplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment