What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Life in Manteca:24; and family happenings



This is a summary of the past three weeks, in which lots has gone on.  To start with we went to Charity's for me to get a hair cut and to take advantage of her pool.  Tony was into showing his muscles. 

The next weekend the Ortons were here, Sheldon, Nancy and Alyssa.  I neglected to take a photo so don't have documentation I need. 

Conference weekend followed.  We had the Larsons and Charity and Anthony over for cinnamon rolls.  It was a good Sunday, and conference was very inspirational.  Here is a linkfor those who missed it, or who want to review.  http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/10?lang=eng

Anthony helped Toy get down his darts he has shot onto the high windows, or onto the window sills.  Anthony fashioned a tool with a pole and a belt.

Up above provided the best place to give direction.  It was cute hearing Tony 
say this way. then that.





I went to my first pumpkin festival, and honestly was not impressed.  Just a big bazaar with everyone wanting to make big money.  Tony did some bouncy house stuff, but the pony ride was $7.  The only store that looked fun was the hair bow stand where Anny, Alyssa's sister, and her friend Jennie were helping.  It made me wish I had a little girl at home who could use a hair bow.  Tony and Caleb would not go for this at all, and I doubt if Miranda would appreciate them either.

April's pictures, Caleb and Alyssa above, Anny and Jennie below

This week I went to my first Sierra football game.  I entered the game and headed for the home team sign of the field.  I discovered I could not get there for there was a fence in my way.  I went back to start, and was directed to a different entrance through which you could only go to the home stands.  What a noel idea, home and visiting fans separated by a fence; sort of like the iron curtain.  I guess the school knows what they need to do, and it must prevent fights, but it is a sad commentary.  The game was between Sierra and Manteca, schools a couple miles away from each other, and all of us from the community of Manteca.  The game had the wrong result as Manteca won the rivalry this year.  Anny, Alyssa's sister, participated in the halftime cheer leading camp activity.  It was fun. 

Yesterday, Saturday started with a double date to the temple with Caleb and his girlfriend.  We went through a session and they did baptisms.  They got done and went to the Visitor's Center where we met them after they had watched a movies.  The Visitors Center is open every day of the year nine to nine.  http://lds.org/placestovisit/eng/visitors-centers/oakland-temple-visitors-center
We went to Five Guys, Burger and Fries on the way home.  They still have great burgers, excellent fries, and the peanuts are just a bonus.

We ended our Saturday with a trip to Cupertino for the Tournament of the Bands.  Although I was not there to watch anyone from the family, it was still fun.  Charity was there with her brother-in-law Brent, who we had never met as he recently returned form a mission. He was supporting Mountain View High Scbool as he is a band alumnus.
I liked the Aztec calendar this band had

Cupertino High School Marching Band

Charity and Brent
Old friends we have seen in the last couple weeks:
Sheldon, Nancy and Alyssa Orton cam to visit
Guy and Renee Berry at the temple
at the TOB, Jennifer Schulken, our past neighbor and friend.  Her son is in the band on saxophone and she says she was volunteer coordinator for TOB
Kathy Dye and Stan Dye, friends from church.  There son Scott is in the band on baritone and she was busy all day with volunteer stuff, perhaps band booster president
Elliot Gavino, family friend and former Cupertino drum major.
Diane Williams (not her current name) who is a family friend and Asher's mom who is Natalia's age.
These means in the past couple weeks I have seen and visited with the people with whom I served in the bishopric, Bishop Orton, Guy and Stan.

No comments:

Post a Comment