What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life in Manteca #3

Saturday was a slow day for me.  Sheri was off to San Jose for a Relief Society conference in our old stake, and I was home keeping track of Tony.  We mostly did nothing in the morning, except Tony watching cartoons.  I picked up Caleb at 12 from dance rehearsal (dance festival in June) and then spent some time with he and Tony.  We first tried ****"La Costa."  Caleb had not had breakfast and it was already past lunch time.  Sheri and I had tried to go there, but it was cash only.

This is a restaurant where you order at the window.  They have indoor sitting, but we chose outdoors.  Caleb had a bean and cheese burrito, I had a carne asada taco.  It was very nice, double corn tortillas, and brimming with meat and salsa.  Tony also ordered a taco, but then didn't want it as he was chewing gum from the 25 cent machine.  My two tacos (I ate Tony's) were divine.  Caleb said the burrito was delicious as well.  He couldn't eat it all.  We had root beer, which helped to calm down some of the heat from the salsa.  We had a nice experience, and by the quality and price of the food, this place is great.  The environment was lacking, not much seating inside, and the bathroom was around back and required a key.  I will be back.

From there we went to Wilson Park, and checked out the Tidewater Trail.  The park is under construction, and will be very nice when it is done.  The Tidewater Trail Trail does not follow any body of water, but follows the Tidewater Rail tracks.  We only walked a block before Tony said his legs were tired.  It will be fun to walk more of the trail. However this trail does not hold the same excitement as the Saratoga Creek Trail in Cupertino.  It is fun to have a creek or river by a trail as there are more animals, and a place to throw rocks. 

We ran Caleb home, and then Tony and I went to see the **Green Hornet.  Tony and I had seen the previews for the Green Lantern on the internet.  We had made plans to see this movie before realizing it wasn't the same one.  It was too something for Tony's age.  He was bored for parts of the movie, but the action scenes did attract his attention.  I found the relationship between the Hornet and his side kick to be boring, especially the long drawn out fight.  It didn't make sense to me.  So I would rate this movie a miss it.

My entry wouldn't be complete without talking about my trip to ***Food 4 Less.  With the economy the way it is, any savings is welcome.  I remembered this store in San Jose (which has changed to something else now) as being a good place to buy groceries.  I found other items at a better deal than even the dollar store or the outlets.  I think this is a great place to shop in between visits to Costco. I plan on visiting more often.  There prices are much better than Safeway (except for milk.)  In this economy, and with gas going up every week, you have to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment