What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

ACE Train #3

I continue to look for animals as I'm riding the train.  Lately the turkeys have been on the golf course.  There was a whole group of them today.  Yesterday there were two chasing each other running in a circle.  Unhappily, last week, when I was driving home with Sheri we saw a wild turkey on the side of the road dead.  I imagine the car that hit that turkey had a surprise.  Those turkeys are big.

I have been seeing deer at the end of Niles Canyon.  I caught an animal out of the corner of my eye, and thought it looked like a mountain lion.  However right after I saw a deer.  The first must have been a deer.

The prettiest animal I have seen was a big white bird.  I was actually above the bird in the train as it flew past next to the ground.  I decided it was a stork because it looked like the bird in Disney movies.  Sheri says it was probably a White Heron.

The flowers are pretty.  I see a lot of yellow ones for Tony, who likes them.   there are also pretty purple ones, and California Poppy just before the Pleasanton Station.  I would like to take more pictures, but the train goes too fast.

I am most enjoying traveling over Station Island and through Drawbridge.  There are no longer tours to the island, and traveling there you are subject to a ticket.  However the San Francisco Bay Wildlife Refuge takes a van close to the island.  They also have a photo tour at their center.

No comments:

Post a Comment