What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Another weekend in Manteca: Restaurant Review: **^La Playa

This weekend is also Easter weekend, and the first time Caleb and I have sung with the Northland Ward choir.  However for the weekend first.  Sheri and I visited another restaurant for our Friday date" Taqueria La Playa.  This restaurant had menu in Spanish for a more traditional flavor.  This restaurant was recommended to us as someone's favorite Mexican restaurant in Manteca (and there are many of them) and as such I must say I was disappointed.  First for the positive.  The decor was very nice.  They had scenes of the beach painted on the walls.  The bathroom was identified with pictures of merpeople, mermaid for the women's and merman for the men's.  Tony insisted I open the door to the bathroom as he wanted to see the mermen inside. 

The restaurant and bamboo type tables and chairs.  Sheri liked them.  I was less than enthused as I had taken in my coat and they weren't good for draping the coat over the top.  There was no coat hanger. 

I was disappointed with the food as well.  I had enchiladas and a taco.  I guess, I discovered after, there speciality is burritos.  Their carnitas and carne asada seemed to be made earlier in the day, and then added as needed.  The meat had dried out.  

However on Saturday, Vern and Karen Wardle came to visit.  They were out for for a wedding reception.  Charity and Anthony were here for Easter as well.

I discovered a faster route from our house to Food 4 Less and the Target.  I don't have to take the freeway anymore to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment