What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, April 25, 2011

EASTER 2011





Our Easter celebration started a couple weeks before Easter, as Natalia wanted to dye eggs while she was out.  Charity and Anthony were out as well.  This was the day we had our Easter dinner, spiraled ham with all the trimmings.  Alyssa was here for dinner, but not for the egg dying, which took place after choir practice.  Tony loved the dying.

Easter Saturday we had visitors, Vern and Karen Wardle.  We then went to my sister's for barbecue, egg dying again, and egg hunt.  We had a god time, and sat around chatting, until Tony let us know he was tired and needed to got to bed.  Tony came home with a big bucket of candy.








Sunday was a more mellow day.  Sheri woke up sick (I guess she had been sick during the night) and didn't go to church.  Caleb and I went early to rehearse with the choir.  During the meeting we sand, "I Stand All Amazed" and "This is the Christ."  Caleb talked.  He told the story of Billy Boy, which made me cry.  I had big tears rolling down my face, and didn't even bother to wipe them off. 

With Sheri being sick, dinner was corn dogs.  I love corn dogs with the dipping sauce I make so that is OK.  We also had leftover potato salad.

Caleb and I kept up a tradition, and drove over the hills for the Easter fireside.  I should have remembered traffic would be bad going into town on Easter Sunday.  We got there late, but the fireside was great.  We heard Zion choir sing twice.  Caleb was really impressed with the choir he use to sing with before we moved.  We also heard other performers. We listened to the Easter message by President Jackson of the San Jose Mission.  It was packed.  It is now a stake wide fireside which helps with attendance.  We also had the chance to see many old friends.  Alyssa went with us so we showed her Caleb's old school and our old house.

Oh, I almost forgot.  We did an Easter basket for Tony.  Everyone else is too old; but there was plenty of candy around..  I got him a plastic bat and ball, as well as a soccer ball.  He made me pitch to him much of the afternoon.

PS  Although Miranda and Natalia were here for the egg dying two weeks before Easter, I missed not having them here Easter weekend.  This is the first time Miranda has not been with us Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment