What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Elizabeth Smart Talks of Lessons on Chastity

Elizabeth Smart from LDS Living.
Sometimes, when we talk about chastity, we may be less than sensitive.  Elizabeth Smart uses her experiences as a kidnap and rape victim, to teach about what things might be hurtful to a young woman.  It gives something to think about.  Today, one in four women reports having been the victim of some type of rape or sexual assault, while one in fifty men report the same.  That is a lot of people.  Consequently it pays to be sensitive when talking about this subject.  When we are teaching, our class or group likely includes some of these people.  This article talks about some things often said, which are not very helpful for these victims.  It is important to remember that through the atonement of Jesus Christ all may be saved, all may be pure.  We are not spoiled goods.  To God, no one is spoiled goods.
I would encourage you click on the link and read the article.  It is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment