What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

They Kicked Us Off the Train

I was riding ACE on Tuesday in the next train which followed the trains that struck and killed a teenager.  We were stopped at Tray Station, with no word of when we could proceed.  After about 40 minutes, it was announced that we had to vacate the train, and wait for the later train.  The staff then cam through the train making sure we all vacated the train.  The reason they gave, someone decided it was what we were going to do.  A few passengers, I guess they complained, were allowed to stay on.  A mother with a child was one.
This would have been OK I guess, except it was very cold in Tracy.  I checked the weather with the temperature about 60, and the wind blowing created a wind-chill factor of about 55.  I called the rail station to complain, telling them it was darn cold.  Again the answer was that someone decided it was what we should do.  I asked them to talk to whoever it was who decided, so the person left for a while, and then came back and said it was to avoid congestion.  None of this made sense, and while I was there struggling with the cold, and talking to ACE, our train left.  Then we were stuck with waiting for the last train.  I was shivering throughout.  And even after getting home, it took me some time to warm up.  Sheri noticed how cold I was to the touch.
We waiting for over 20 minutes.  While we waited someone kept talking on the microphone telling us the next train was coming.  I never wanted to commit a vandalism so much in my life.  I wanted to hit that microphone with a rock because the ACE company had no regard for us as passengers.  After waiting over 20 minutes, ACE Ten (the last train) finally arrived and we were allowed to board.
However we still waited.  We were waiting for the coroner to arrive, and release the scene so we would be allowed to go through.  In the end, the train we had been on was allowed to go through, and we were allowed to follow.  That train probably arrived home about ten minutes before us.  I finally made it to Lathrop Manteca Station at about 9:40, two hours and twenty minutes after my expected time.
I don't resent being late.  Sometimes things happen.  However I do resent being kicked of the train and being made to wait in the cold, with the wind blowing and no place for relief.  I must admit, I did not wear my jacket.  When I left work the weather was nice.  I will be better prepared.  However this was the first time I have been kicked off the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment