What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Ace Rail Struck and Killed a Sierra High School Student

Tuesday Ace Rail struck and killed a teenager
This scene just sickens me.  Can you imagine the father performing CPR.  It is unclear if this is the friend's father, or the victims's father, but either way it was tragic.  The train engineer probably could see this coming for some time, with nothing he could do. Trains do not stop quickly.  the article says the train continued for 100 yards before it could stop.   The child was a student at Sierra High School, where my son graduated a few years ago.  It appears to have happened close to victim's residence.  The way I understand the story, they were crossing the San Joaquin River on the train trestle.  Two friends, one made it across, and the other was struck about ten feet short of the end of trestle where he could have gotten off.  He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The next day I took some pictures of the site when I went past on Wednesday, and there was a spontaneous remembrance taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment