What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Restaurant Scene: Manteca: Five Guys, Sizzler

The Manteca restaurant scene has really changed with the addition of Sizzler, and Five Guys.  Five Guys is a chain I have visited before.  This is a review of the Twin Falls store.  I have still been trying to get the same flavor on my mushroom burger, and always seem to come up short of my memory of that first one.  However I have discovered their shakes and they are terrific.  I had a caramel shake to my delight.  I also like their fries, and the way they overstuff them in the bag.  I have found it is best for me to order the smaller burger.  The regular burger comes with two patties, which is just too much for me as then the meat dominates the flavor and it is hard to taste whatever else you want on your burger.
The bigger impact in Manteca has been Sizzler.  This is a national chain that features steak and salad buffet.  That restaurant always has a very large crowd.  It has drawn the crowd away form Chili's it appears.  We visited and I had sirloin tips over rice pilar which was excellent.  The juice form the steak did a good number on the rice.  Two excellent additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment