What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

LDS General Conference: My Thoughts

It is impossible for me to add to anything that was said at conference this weekend.  However I heard a couple scriptures quoted over and over.  D&C 130:22  The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us."  There were at least three talks directly on the Holy Ghost and many more talked about the spirit.  Even President Monson talked about gaining a testimony through the spirit if we do not have one, and making sure it is vibrant.  
that is what I heard, it is so important to make the Holy ghost an active part in our lives.  On talk pointed out there are three things we need from the Holy Ghost, protection, comfort and testimony.  
I also heard a couple people quote D&C 19 about the savior:  16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;  18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit.  the Savior plays such a key role in repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment