What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Parables of Jesus: The Parable of the Ten Virgins


The key to understanding this parable is knowing what the oil in the lamps represents.  If the oil represents your own testimony of Jesus Christ, then it is understandable that the five virgins could not share, for each must stand on their own testimony.  It is also understandable why the bridegroom, representing Jesus, would say I know you not, for we must know the savior.  The first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  My heart swells when I think of Jesus and his atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment