What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Ward Soup Night: Ooh, la la: Springtime in Paris

This year instead of a chili cook off we went with soup.  There were soups of all kinds.  This includes a dessert competition and Tony won for his no-bakes.  I helped, who can never get them right, but I did this time.  No-bakes are tricky, if they cook too long they turn to sugar, to little and they don't set up and you have to eat them with a spoon like soup.   Any rate, Tony received the five-star award.  We told Tony five-star means the best.
I had a little skit.  I sang "The Teapot Song" and "Perhaps Love."  I also lead the congregation in Frere Jaques."  All the family was there (but Mark), Natalia was in town for the blessing, and Annie and Caleb arrived this day as did Miranda.  They had a section roped off for the kids to play.  It was a fun evening.  I made snicker doodles, which did not win.  Sheri made corn chowder, which would have won but was too hot.  And then Tony insisted we take no-bakes, so I helped him make them.  Sheri had gone to Sacramento to pick up Miranda.

No comments:

Post a Comment