What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Henry Coe Sate Park: Veterans Day Weekend 2016

We did something different and went camping this Veterans day, and we went someplace we had never camped before.  This was a bit problematic getting there, as the map took Charity to a day-use area of the park, and not the camp ground.  This is the largest state park in Northern California, second largest in all of California.  It is about twelve miles east of Morgan Hill in the Diablo range.  As such it is still pretty rustic, and the camping area is rather small.
We arrived Thursday at dusk, and Charity a bit later.  Tinfoil dinners is our usual first day of camping meal.  Then marshmallows and s'mores.  Breakfast was pancakes and breakfast, then a morning hike.  We were doing well until we hit a steep hill, and after a bit of that we turned around.  There is an old ranch where the camping area is located, and we explored the visitor center which talked of this.  I also got some pictures of some old farm equipment.  Charity and Anthony headed home after lunch, which lift Tony, Sheri and I.  Nummy chicken for dinner, and then cold cereal for breakfast, with chocolate left over from s'mores for me.
Tony by the metal barn
Big oak
wood pecker on the tree
tree at night
crazy manzanita

crazy rocks
old farm equipment
the view
cooling shed
barbed wire
wild turkeys
the moon
In the other barn




A modern relic but necessary with bad phone reception
sunset day 1
Sunset day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment