What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Life in Manteca: Chubby's Grand Opening

By chance when we went out to eat last week, we visited the grand opening of the new Chubby's  We knew they planned on moving, and when we decided to go to Chubby's for dinner and shakes, we were a bit disappointed driving by and seeing everything dark.  However knowing they were moving we ventured to Orchard, and found Chubby's in the old Hollywood Video location.
Chubby's new digs are much larger, which allowed much more space for decor.  The decor is like 50s style with pictures of actors and singers throughout.  There is a focus on Marilyn Monroe, but many other artists are represented.  You could spend a day just trying to remember everyone.
Chubby's has an updated menu, making it easier to find what you want.  Most of the old favorites are there.  And the great prices are also still there.
Chubby's specialty is milk shakes.  They have many different flavors.  The regular adult shake comes with the extra tin, so it is like getting two shakes for one.  I had caramel, Sheri had chocolate, and Tony (child's size) has chocolate peanut butter.  After Tony suggested next time he and mom could get a regular shake and share.  Her tin would make more than enough shake for him and Sheri seems to never be able to finish her shake.
Being the grand opening day we came upon, they had much more business than the expected.  So we have a hamburger joint that ran out of buns.  We were all pleased with our meals, Tony had a corn dog, I hamburger steak with mushrooms, and Sheri country fired steak with white gravy.
I highly recommend Chubby's.  It is my favorite Manteca restaurant, while Tony and Sheri still lean to Chili's.
They also serve breakfast when they are open, and make their own hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment