What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Cub Scout Hike and Astronomy

Cub Scouts took us to Oak Grover Regional Preserve this last Saturday.  There we had an lots of fun.  We hiked through the oak grover, 1.8 mile hike, and saw the oaks and the birds, hawks and owls, and an occasional squirrel.  We also looked for signs of wildlife.  I couldn't help thinking of the oak forest being general through out the valley, but perhaps even thicker before the valley was cultivated.  I also thought of the Native American women and the difficult process it was to make acorns edible, but that is what they did.   The Bear, (Tony's group) made dinner for the scouts, and I had leftover Taco Bell.  Then, when it got dark, there were stars to see.  I saw Venus, Saturn with its rings (though five different telescopes, (one we could see evidence of the moon Titan) and the ring showed up very well.  Tony though it looked like an eyeball.  There was a very large telescope set to the moon.  You couldn't see the entire moon the reflection was so great.  The moon is incredibly bumpy.



No comments:

Post a Comment