What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Being The Osmonds (2003 UK Documentary Featuring The Osmond Brothers)



This is a very interesting documentary featuring the Osmond brothers.  Marie did not participate.  The brothers talk of growing up in a family with high pressure to not only perform, but to perform perfectly.  This includes some exploration of the progression of the family entertainment business, which left the older Osmond Brothers behind, being replaced as lead singer, and in fact preventing their pursuit of a rock band career.  This was a cathartic exercise for the brothers, and let them air things maybe they would not have otherwise.  It appeared to be a healing process.  There were not only jealousies over careers, but also over women.  It appears Donny Osmond married a woman who had previously dated Jay.  The oldest performed, Alan, now has M.S. and talked of his struggles with this.  I really enjoyed this look at inside the Osmonds as they were coming back together to perform in Branson.  This was produced for BBC television.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment