What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Aggie Game in Fresno

Although the Aggies lost to Fresno, it was worth the trip.  The drive was beautiful, Caleb and Annie went with me, and seeing Jalen Moore twice in a row come off the left side and jam the ball through the hoop was amazing.  Very nice indeed.  He tried the same thing the second half, and the Bulldog player just wiped him out.  I was surprised no flagrant foul was called.  Then a few moments later the same player elbows an Aggie in the head, and the ref just shakes his head.  The Aggies could have gotten over the top there but the official wouldn't buy it.
The Aggies hung tough, and a few miscues at the end deprived them of the opportunity to sneak away with a victory.
The crowd seemed sparse, but it was Saturday afternoon.  We didn't see any other Aggie shirts, but a lot of red.  Shane rector also had a very good game.  He brought good energy, and was able to make some slashing shots going to the basket.  I was expecting more from Chris Smith, but he did hit double figures scoring.
By far the best player on the court was Marvelle Harris for Fresno State.  He was very difficult to contain.  He was fast and had a nice shot, although the box says he missed 10 shots.  He was also 10 for 10 at the foul line.


The drive down was terrific.  The trees were in bloom and there were roadside flowers that were beautiful.  Annie said the orange flowers were California poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment