What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Life in Manteca 30: Week Before Christmas

Sorry this is coming out so late, but I had some computer issues.  Computer is now fine, so let me write about the last couple weeks. 
Miranda passed her driver license test, on the first try, and is now a fully licensed driver.
The week before Christmas was eventful.  The Saturday was highlighted by a trip to Temple Hill to see the Nutcracker Ballet.  A coworker's daughter was in the performance, and had gotten us tickets.  It was a children's performance, but even so it was very entertaining.  They had a character as the author of the book, who came out and told what was going to happen.  This made it easier to follow.  The only confusing thing was they had two Claras.  One was older and could do more complicated dances, while the other portrayed her most of the time except for a couple of scenes.  They had modified some of the dances for children, but this didn't detract at all from the story and the good time.  Our party was myself, Caleb, Alyssa, Tiago and Miranda.  Five Guys for burgers, fries and peanuts on the way home.

This Saturday was also marked by Ken's graveside services.  They were in Modesto, and there were at least 30 people from our old ward there.  It was good to see Liza and her kids, Lizzy, Duncan, Rory and Walker.  Walker is so tall now.  Martin, who is on a mission, was not there.  We sat with the Jefferys from our current ward. 
uk, Liza, Laurie Ainge, Ruth Gardner, Sheri, Andra McCormick, Viviana Dorff and Charron Perry Barney
Sunday I taught the Christmas story for the last lesson of the year.  There was one extra week, as we had gotten to the end, so this is the lesson I chose to go back to.  I love the Christmas story, that the Lord of us all would come to Earth as a baby in the most humble of circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment