What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Life in Manteca 28: A Christmas Weekend

This weekend was busy with Christmas movies, date and parade.  We had Jesse with us for the weekend, and he is more than a match for both Sheri and I as he is a two-year-old tease who can get any place.  He was climbing shelves to get a better crack at Christmas decorations on a higher shelf.

Friday started with a WinCo trip.  We needed cereal and fruit, and they sell both at better prices than anyplace else I've found. I had Jesse so Sheri met me there coming home from work.  Miranda was babysitting in Tracy and she had to run her.

Saturday we tried to stay ahead of Jesse.  He would dump toys with the words, "mess."  He is talking so big now.  He got every Christmas tree ornament in reach.  He is a funny guy.  He would bump the inside of the car and say "ouch" and when I asked if he was OK he would laugh and laugh.  His laugh is infectious. 

Saturday was a cleaning day.  Caleb had Natalie over with her date, and Alyssa.  They went to Bass Pro Shop but didn't wait in line for Santa Claus.  They came home with ginger bread houses decorating kits and had a competition against each other as couples decorating.

Saturday at five was off to the Christmas parade in Manteca.  There were many floats, and bands.  I really enjoyed the bands.  The theme of the floats was Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  Tony like the "robots" which were the vendors as he thought they looked like robots.  We saw President Crockett and the Larsons.  We were by Taco Bell, and they had a long potty line when I took Tony.  He was barely able to hold on.  The parade concluded with Santa Claus in a fire engine.  We enjoyed both the Sierra High School band and the Veritas band and also Annie's band.  We went to the Larsons after and Tony was playing Annie's trombone.  He could actually get noise out of it and change the pitch.  I was impressed.  We picked up McDonalds on the way home to conclude the day.


Sunday started with choir rehearsal.  This is the first eight a.m. and we are having them until Christmas.  We had to take Jesse back to San Jose and planned it so as to go to the Palo Alto Creche Exhibit.  I was most impressed.  They had some creche exhibits so small you needed a magnifying glass, and then there was a life size exhibit that put you in the middle of the scene.  I felt like Mr. Krueger seeing the Christ child in the cave with Mary and Joseph and the shepherds.  I really enjoyed the displays.  I was noticing how there were so many one piece exhibits, meaning the entire manger scene was in one piece and didn't require setting individual pieces. Valpariso Choir sang.

We concluded the evening with friends.  We visited Vern and Karen where we had dinner, and Capri showed us a couple songs, and Cambria helped Tony make some monster puppets.  Terry and Ben were there and dinner was great.  We then visited the Ures at the request of Charity to pick up some old Christmas decorations they had ready for the D.I.

It was a fun weekend in Manteca, Cupertino, Palo Alto and San Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment