What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Life in Manteca 31: Christmas Weekend

Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Story  Sheri has decided that she does no want to have to make elaborate meals on Christmas day, so we have our big meal Christmas Eve.  This year Sheri went all out with spiral ham and the trimmings, which included a banana cream pie I made, and other cream pies and cheesecake pie Sheri made.  There of course was potatoes and gravy and vegetables.  Anthony and Charity came over, and spent the evening with us.  They had o go home however, as they were singing a duet in their church in the morning.

We mixed our Christmas pageant up a little this year.  Tony was cast as Joseph with Miranda as Mary. Tony insisted he needed a mustache.  (Perhaps he has seen a movie with Joseph with a mustache, I don't know.)  SHeri used mascare, and it turned out very well.  Sheri and I were shepherds.  (A much better part than the donkey which is my usual role.)  Caleb was the angel and Anthony and Charity were the wise men.  (They were Mary and Joseph last year as they had been marred just a week.)  We took turns reading and narrating, when we were not on stage.  We used a doll for baby Jesus.  We could not find our manger after the move, so had to improvise.


After the pageant, we had the opening of pajamas and then into the car for a turn around town to look at lights.  We were most impressed with the lights at the corner of Cottage and Southland.  We are told tere is a home with a very large display annually in Manteca, however this year the owner of the home sustained and injury and could not put them up.  Next year I look forward to seeing them. 
It was then home and to bed.  Sheri and I were tired enough we played Santa early the next morning.

I was up at 4:30 to put the stockings together, and we had Christmas presents at 6.  We were on a time-line as Caleb and I were singing with the choir with an early rehearsal.  We skyped with Jeremy and Kayla, and as a result also had my mom for some of our gift exchange.  Tony was spoiled, Miranda had already gotten most of her before Christmas, Caleb added safety equipment for his long board.
The choir sang it church, and sacrament meeting was short and sweet.  We sang "Still a Bach Christmas"  This was a medley of several songs.  We also sang "Silent is the Night."  Christmas then turned into a lazy day with some game playing and movie watching.

Monday was a holiday for me, and Tuesday was a day off.  However I don't remember doing much in particular.  Caleb went long boarding with Lane McMurtry.  I was back to work on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment