What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Life in Manteca 29: Another Christmas Weekend

This was a longer weekend with lots of fun.  we started the weekend early, on Thursday, as Sheri brought the kids to San Jose and we went to the Cupertino High School winter concert.  It was great.  The stage was decorated with poinsettias.  We missed getting them this year.  The music was great as always.  The highlight was the harpist.  She played a solo, but even more fun was the song she played with women's advanced choir.  She was really strumming as the choir sang.  She is very talented. There were some fun song, "Fa La La La La" making a parody of Deck the Halls which Capella sang and Men's Chorale sang a song about mistletoe.  Tony was very good during the concert.  He really like Carol of the Bells and has been singing his version around the house.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTGARSsbcDQ
  This is a link for the song when Jeremy was in the choir.


Friday saw me decorating my office, something I haven't done ever I think.  Friday Alyssa and Caleb did their own Winter Formal as Saturday when the high school had Winter Formal they were both busy.  I picked them up at De Vega Brothers Restaurant and took them to the bowling alley.  Then they came to our house for dancing.

Saturday was highlighted by the ward party.  Tony participated in the reenactment of the nativity story.  Caleb sang "O Little Town of Bethlehem" by himself and we all sang other congregational songs to go along with the story.  We finished with the Bishop bearing his testimony.  It was a fun evening.

We had planned a family party Sunday, but the Normans came down with the flu so it was cancelled.  However Charity and Anthony came over to eat part of the pot luck items.  We had green salad, chicken enchiladas, yummy potatoes and baked beans.  I enjoyed the combination.  With he cancellation of the party, I went to the Messiah concert performed by the Turloch Stake.  It was an enjoyable evening and I have had the songs going trough my head the last few days.  The did the "Last Trumpet" with a very good trumpeter.  I missed that they did not sing "Worthy is the Lamb."  The ended with the "Hallelujah Chorus."  Tony (who was going t stay over with Charity and then changed his mind, said at the end "Forever is really long."  He's fun.  He and I spent the concert in the foyer.  I also sang "Oh Holy Night during Sacrament meeting earlier in the day.  The sad think about going to the Messiah Concert is we missed the Baer family when the came over caroling.  Sheri and the older kids were home. 



We continued our weekend on Monday.  We held a family-sing-along concert and invited a few other families over.  We had 33 people here (if my counting is accurate.)  I think that is a record for us.  The Binghams, Peterson, Halls, Larsons family across the street and us.  Lots of children close to Tony's age so he was happy.  Sheri made him sing the first five songs and then he was upstairs in his bedroom with his friends.  We all had a really fun time, and sang a bunch of songs.  Miranda played piano.  We let her rest a couple songs and Caleb played guitar and ukulele.  We potlucked cookies.  Miranda made cupcakes.  My only regret is a lack of pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment