What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Where Can I Turn for Peace

I was thinking of what might be a nice hymn to sing a'capella, and this hymn came to mine.  I like the message, and it is a relatively newer hymn, being added with the last edition of the hymn book.
Hymn 129 "Where Can I Turn For Peace."

Where Can I turn for peace,
Where is my solace when other sources cease to make me whole.
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart, searching my soul

Where, when my aching grows,
Where when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand
He, only One.

He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching,
In my Gethsemane,
Savior and Friend
Gentle the peace he finds
for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind
Love without end.

When we struggle, when we are down, He can calm our soul and give us peace.  I like the scripture in the Book of Mormon, "Peace be unto you, Because of your faith Peace be unto you."  May we find him as we struggle.  He answers privately, Gentle the peace He finds, love without end.

For a Blog describing the history of this hymn:
http://happinessajourney.blogspot.com/2007/11/where-can-i-turn-for-peace.html

No comments:

Post a Comment