What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tony is an impressionist

 Tony is our three-year-old who loves art.
Baby Tony

one-year old Tony

an abstract of an elephant (water color)

This abstract shows the power and mystery of the elephant.  The elephant can be scary and the dark colors bring out it majesty.  I really like the red eyes.
 These two pictures are both depictions of the family.  I think you can see our family in these pictures.  I like the way Tony has woven different colors into his circular pattern.  Circular patterns are a recurring them in Tony's art, representing the eternal nature of the family.  One of our best days was taking Tony to the temple were he became a part of our eternal family, even though he cried through the ceremony.






The different colors represent different people in our family.  Some of the lines are shorter than others.  We still foster, and some of the children who come to our home stay very long; sometimes a day, a week, a month or a year, you never know.  However Tony but a solid core inside the circle, that I think that represents the love we have for each other and the children who come in our home.  (These are colored pencil)
 These two pictures are Tony's portrayal of the storm.  To the right is Tony's rainbow.  A rainbow is a representation of hope.  You can see the rain falling during the storm.  (water color)




The picture below is of lightening.  It is interesting that Tony shows lightening which is scary, but also gives light. (water color)

Tony, self portrait,(water color)
 Tony's portrayal of "more animals"
Water Color
 One of Tony's favorite themes, spider man vs the monsters  (water color)
A nice abstract, (water color)

No, that's a doggie (water color)

People (pen)
The monster is shooting

Mom with Jessie and Tony, the little boys with balloons

Camping with my Dad, red colored pencil

dinosaur, colored pencil






2 comments:

  1. Tony is such an artist! He's very detailed with his stick people drawing. I can see legs, a torso, eyes, mouth and nose! I ADORE his elephant drawing...that's a beautiful blend of colors - are there two elephants or just one? What kind of water colors do you use and is that water color paper, or regular cardstock?
    He's very expressive in his drawings. I don't know what Tony's vocabulary is like now - since I don't hang out in nursery anymore, but I can only guess he's getting more communicative by the day by the art in his pictures. :D Thanks for sharing, these are TOTALLY COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just uses the cheap water color sets and brushes. He also uses just regular printer paper. Tony says there is just one elephant. He is up late watching Spider Man.

    ReplyDelete