What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grandma and Baby

Grandma and us all


Grandma and Caleb
My mother is now in her 80s.  We went there to visit this summer for baby blessings.  (My brother had four grand babies  being blessed all on the same Sunday)  Sheri and I and our two babies went.  Tony our adopted baby is three and our foster baby was nine months.
Our foster baby is really sharp, and when we went to Grandma's he was standing, but not yet walking.  He was in the stage where he would stand and think about walking, but always drop back down and crawl.  He could stand up on his own however.  He was already in the stage of dumping books but he discovered a new hobby at grandma's, emptying drawers.
We had never had this issue with him at home.  (We do now though; he's terrible)  But grandma had some drawers in her kitchen that were easy for him to get to and open.  He enjoyed himself dumping out this and that, and then Sheri and I would come behind him and pick up.  However my mom was really frustrated with him.
One morning we caught my mom reorganizing her drawers, putting everything up higher.  There was nothing in the drawers that he was going to hurt, place mats and towels and such things.  He couldn't reach the top drawer.  We convinced her to let it ride, that he wasn't hurting anything in the long run.
While we were at Grandma's our little guy started walking.  Grandma had a coffee table in the middle of the floor, and he would hold unto this until he was brave enough to take a few steps.  By the time we came home he was taking five or six steps.  The little guy was walking and he wasn't even ten months old yet.
(Sheri tells me not to use his name, or post a picture in a blog for his confidentiality.)

No comments:

Post a Comment