What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Dental Extractions

I have had two dental extractions over the last couple months, one just before Thanksgiving and the other after Christmas.  The second I probably would not have done if not for the first.  The first resulted from a molar hurting.  I had been told that it was cracked and needed a crown, however by the time it started hurting it couldn't be saved by a crown.  They scheduled the periodontist so far out I eventually had them have the oral surgeon take it out.  The pain had become unbearable.  Consequently no build up, and when the second tooth needed extracting I decided to just live with one tooth less, top and bottom on one side.    The first tooth, I  didn't even look at.  I did the second.  However I didn't even think of taking pictures.  I had previously had a wisdom tooth removed. 
The side effect list they make you sign include broken jaw.  That did not sound too fun.  And then they say you will hear cracking sounds.  With the first tooth the assistant held my jaw to reenforce it.  I had terrible thought s about being the one whose jaw breaks. 
Forty years ago (at my missionary dental exam) Dr. Jorgensen in Hyrum told me I would loss all my teeth before I was thirty if I didn't change my habits.  In the end, it is at age 60 that I loss my first tooth, but loss two instead of one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment