What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Life in Manteca: MoBand Concert in Modesto

MoBand stands for the Modesto Band.  This is a very large group.  The Halls invited me over for the concert.  I went strait after getting home as the concert starts about 8 p.m.  It was a fun evening.  I grabbed some fudge and chips at the house for dinner (not very good for diabetics I know but I was in a hurry) and found my way to the concert.  It is at Graceada Park in the big bowl.  They do this every week during the summer.  I missed the first week.  However this week they presented Neil Diamond, "Sweet Caroline" and "Cracklin' Rose."  They had a section of Beatles music including "Yesterday" and "With a Little Help from your Friends" and even "Live and Let Die" by John Lennon.  Simon and Garfunkel included "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Sounds of Silence."  They concluded the night with a couple John Phillip Sousa.  They had a big band and it was lots of fun.  We sat on a blanket where we couldn't see, but if I go again I think I will spend more time on the benches as there were plenty of seats.  Camberly of course took a turn at the park, and enjoyed the chips I brought.




The bowl

The band

No comments:

Post a Comment