What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Coyote Creek, Santa Clara Street Bridge Art

This bridge is where Santa Clara Street goes over the Coyote Creek.  On the Southwest corner is a fire station.  On the Northeast corner is the Coyote Creek Park by the Roosevelt Community Center. The bridge is decorated on both sides with mosaics.  I remember when they did this.  I also remember the news story of somebody taking a hammer to the mosaics and destroying them.  I don't think they were all destroyed, but there are still several open pains.  Anyway, take a look.  Fish and bird themes seem to abound.  There are Latino, Native American and Potruguese American themes.  Some are just designs while others show pictures.










A damaged one.  There also also many panes with just the background white as on the left.






















No comments:

Post a Comment