What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Life in Manteca 122:Memorial Day Sunday: Helicopter Takeoff, Fireworks, Bouncy Houses, Family History, Memorials, Concerts

Memorial Day Sunday turned into an all day event.  I left church early, and headed to Woodwoard Park to help man the Family History Library Family History tent.  It is amazing how many people are interested in the family history.  I showed people how to get started, and then made sure they were aware of familysearch.org if they want to get started for themselves.
Just as my shift was ending, Kayla and Jeremy arrived.  We walked the boys around through a few booths, went and saw Brother Booher in the Chinook helicopter and took pictures.  Skylar then tried the slides, and really did a good job of it.  Jeremy had to go to work so they left early.















Sheri and the boys arrived in a little bit.  They too went on the bouncy house and slides.  Tony went through the helicopter and got a picture with his  former Primary teacher.  Charity and Anthony arrived and went through the memorial displays and the helicopter. 
  We had to move our spot in the shade for the helicopter takeoff.  It was cool, but also very windy and dusty.  I had gathered up our cups of iceies.  Tony says the blew away and hit a girl.  I hope the ice didn't spill on her.  The Chinook took off over our heads and toppled us all over the place.
We were only somewhat interested in the concerts.  I found my way back to the memorials during the concerts.  The concert that most interested us was Lincoln Brewster.  However the only song I really identified with was "Hallelujah."  They sang what they called a new song "Oxygen."  "I need you more than anything.  I need you more than oxygen."
We though we would enjoy the "Fire Dance" but much of this was not on stage, so we couldn't see it well.  The fireworks started promptly at 9:30.  They were very nice.  A lot of lower fireworks, which were good as we had a very good view.

Manteca weather can be crazy.  All they we were over hot and in the son and sought refuge in the shade.  However, when the sun went done and a breeze came up we  were snuggling under blankets trying to keep warm.
It was a good day.  Saw Brother Booher and his wife Dacia, Sister Goodwin, The Browns, Brother and Sister Zepeda.  The Petersens briefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment