What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

After Christmas Letter

The after Christmas story.  This is what everyone would have written after Christmas about their lives.  Things change quickly however so and updated version will be out shortly.  
Caleb continues on his mission in Des Moines North and is now serving in Fairfield.  When he Skyped with us he sang “I Am a ChIld of God.”  The scariest thing on his mission w2as someone being shot about a block from their apartment when he was in Des Moines.  He says where he is now has many interesting farm smells.  I guess he is not use to the rural life.  He sang with the choir (bass as they had too many tenors) for Christmas with his companion.  Also sang a duet with his companion in church a few weeks ago. 
Miranda is looking well (or so it appeared on Skype.)  She had a scary incident with a burner being left on in their apartment, and it was only by chance to went back and found it on.  It could have been a tragedy.  She is needing to get arch supports for her feet as they have been in pain.  She has had an interesting time with a new investigator.  She has been sharing about the tender mercis of the Lord and had family prayer with us. 
It seems Skyping time is just too short. 
Tony: Is preparing for baptism and also enjoying gymnastics and his friends.  He is great at school.
Charity: She and Anthony are living in Turlock where Anthony has been student teaching at Turlock High School and finishing his credential so he can teach in California.  Camberly Rose keeps them busy. 
Jeremy: Jeremy and Kayla are living in Tracy.   Jeremy continues to try balancing school and work.  It is a hard thing to do.  They welcomed Bronston Isaac Wardle this year, October 17.   He is a cute little guy.
Mark: He and Lizzy are in Las Vegas.  They too welcomed a baby, Augustus "Gus Gus" Owen Wardle.  He was born
Natalia: Natalia and Ty are still living in the Seattle area where Natalia teaches school.
Sheri: is busy witht he Primary.  She is presidents and they have a couple of groups of rowdy children they try to keep focused every Sunday.  
Billy:  I am rebusy (very busy) at work.  We are short staffed so it seems I try to keep ahead of what a couple others use to do as well as my own work.  I have found a new hobby in genealogy.  This think with the church getting us free access to Ancestry.com and FindmyPast has been great.  I will go to the end of the line in Family Search, get the data and then search on Ancestry.  Quite often I am able to find information with additional genealogy.  Often this starts with someone else’s work, but eventually gets to source material.  You only need one source material to enter the information into Family Search.  Sometimes I get stuck, then I go over to FindmyPast.  FIndmyPast is really good with English records. 
It has been fun.  I have worked in the Netherlands on Mom’s side, the Green and Williams lines (aunt and uncle by marriage) and more recently the Ashton line.  It has been a fun ride.  Now there are plenty of ordinances for family members to do.  The names are at the Oakland Temple in the Manteca, Northland Ward file if anyone wants to take some family names through.

No comments:

Post a Comment