What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Life in Manteca 121: Memorial Day: Vietnam Wall Replica

The main day for the Memorial Day celebration in manteca is tomorrow.  However the wall has been up for several days and I decided to visit.  I found two elders and President Brown, guiding people, instructing them on how to find names of loved ones that might be on the wall.  58,000 American service men lost their lives in Viet Nam.  That is quite a number.  I saw in the paper that 20 years ago the "Wall" was part of Memorial Day exhibit.  To say the least I was impressed.  The crosses are there as well as other Memorial Day exhibits.  The stage is on the opposite side this year.  Very impressive.  I recommend you go tomorrow.











Tony trying a tree



Skylar
If you come by I will be at the family history table so look me up.  Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment