What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Movie Night:***^ Honey I Shrunk the Kids; **^Honey I Blew up the Kids

The movie, Honey I Shrunk the Kids was a very original movie with a good idea, and showed us how differing sizes could be relative, such as you could ride an ant, or sleep in a Lego, or a drop of water could be a deluge.  And Rick Moranis is just perfect in his roll as the bungling scientist Wayne Szalinski.  I love him in his get up to find the kids, hanging over the back yard in with his magnifying glass.  His wife played by Marcia Strassman is steady.  I also like the neighbors, the Thompsons, played by Matt Frewer and Kristine Sutherland.  The adventures and sparks of the kids are effective, but this show is enjoyable watching the adults.  Man, who would know a lawn mower can create such havoc.  I guess we should be careful with our machines to make sure there are no little people about.

Honey I Blew up the Kid does not have the same magic.  It has the mean executive who is shutting Wayne out of his own project.  It also has cute gadgets, but in the end is just a noisy bunch of goo which doesn't work.  It does show a mother's love in the end, "Man that is a big Mama!"  But this movie isn't near as fun as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment