What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ces fireside

http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/ces-devotionals/2013/01?lang=eng&vid=2093631404001
Brother Uchtdorf gave a very good talk last month for the CES fireside.  He was talking about truth, and being able to discern truth.  He started by telling the story of the six blind men and the elephant.
http://whilhelmsthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/02/poetry-stories-i-like-blind-men-and.html
He asks the question: How can anyone know the truth?

Heavenly Father knows all truth.  Some day we will as well.  Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.  If we seek him diligently we will find him.  We are expected to come to a personal knowledge of the truth.   We learn precept on precept, line upon line.  We have the gift of the Holy Ghost to teach us all things.  We must live worthy of his constant companionship.

Our search for truth will lead us to our Lord and Savior, the way, the truth and the life.  This truth will make you free.  

I recommend this talk to anyone seeking truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment